Chuck Degard Jr. K7PT SK
We have just received the tragic news that our great friend and associate Chuck has passed away, leaving a son David and daughter Susan. He survived his beloved wife Judy passed away a couple of years ago.
Chuck lived in Tempe Arizona and was a great DXer having achieved top place in the DXCC Honour Roll in 2015 but he continued to chase the rare ones until the end. He served in the USAF and his interest in flying private aircraft and latterly RC models endured as strongly as his amateur radio activities.
An enthusiastic petrol head he loved his Corvettes and his Mercedes sports plus excursions in his RV and trips up to the cabin he built in the mountains.
Chuck was involved with Simon Brown HB9DRV/G4ELI in the development and support of Ham Radio Deluxe until the software was sold in 2011.
In January 2012 he became a founder member of the Log4OM development team providing invaluable advice on the DXCC and user defined awards while providing daily updates to the Special Call List and Country Files. He was always available to assist our users on the forum with his in depth knowledge of the software and radio in general.
Chuck will be missed by everyone that has known him through amateur radio and his other varied interest, we send our condolences to his family and wish we were able to be with them at this sad time.
R.I P. Chuck
Daniele Pistollato IW3HMH
Terry Genes G4POP
Release notes Version 1.34.0
– Award Management. Added new AwardOverride.csv file to override DXCC automatically calculated by Log4OM (or when Log4Om is not able to determine DXCC from prefix in WFF)
– LoTW upload page automatically open on program closing if new QSO are available and not uploaded yet (Settings options in LOTW config page)
– Improved logging on some situations
– Fixed an issue on historic (monthly) backup under some circumstances
– Fixed an issue that miscalculate locator from Clublog coordinates and may produce unexpected issues when a callsign is not found on external sources
– Fixed (added some proximity logic) to callsign analyzing function that is guessing that KH7P “could” be a prefix bounded to Hawaii instead of a full callsign.
This will prevent correct identification of callsign like KH1/KH7P as Log4om is guessing as a first instance that KH7P may be a country SUFFIX instead of a callsign, in order to maximize search chances. Incidentally KH7P is a valid prefix for Hawaii that will override check on KH1
– Clublog error while deleting a QSO in some circumstances fixed
– New option in SETTINGS / SERVICES to make data quality enrichment in QSO added by external software using communicator (JTAlert, WSJT, GridTracker, etc.)
– Implementation of new User Special Callsign definition database, accessible from [Settings -> UCL Database] menu
– Satellite mode now shows red label with satellite code instead of “SATELLITE MODE” In main user interface, if a valid satellite is selected
This version fixes the issue that happened with some “old” mySQL databases. New MySQL driver will require SSL Mode set and defaults to PREFERRED instead of NONE.
This means that if SSL is available will be used.
The issue is with some MySQL that are not supporting the Preferred mode, and stays with None. We downgraded security (applied by default by new drivers) forcing to None.
Release notes Version 1.33.0
– Fixed massive QSO update country functionalities
– Added a new backup function (always active with main backup – not on secondary) to keep the last backup of each month in /backup/historic folder (or user defined folder)
– Log optimized for multi thread and parallel executions introduced in 1.32.0
– Wait and result message added in massive Clublog upload
– Italian version. Restored misplaced PWR field
– Added flags in CAT settings to manage REVERSE in some rigs (USB is REVERSE not NORMAL on some rigs, including ICOM and ELECRAFT). Side band will be reversed on outbound requests
– Separated VFO A and VFO B transverter offset in settings screen
– Separated VFO A and VFO B transverter offset in SATELLITE screen (F6)
– Added ability to disable transverter offset in realtime on each VFO in SATELLITE screen (F6)
– Optimizations on award management load from XML (skipping dupes)
– Fixed configuration to comply with unexpected version namespace change in Clublog files