- [FIX] Cluster map stopped working on some systems
- [NEW] Optimized name retrieval parsing routine for HAMQTH data (now NICK prevails on ADR_NAME field, that could be missing)
- [NEW] Cluster filter option added allow users to filter out nearby spots
- [NEW] METAR settings interface has been updated to fit new provider capabilities
- Enabled callsign removal from alert management
- Cluster throttle is enabled only after 130” from cluster parser initialization to avoid throttling cluster in normal startup conditions (not on skimmers)
- Cluster throttle now inhibits VOACAP data retrieval from calculated data in order to speed up cluster under stress.
- [FIX] New METAR API’s format from the used provider forced us to completely rewrite METAR engine.
- [FIX] Cluster notifications by e-mail now will use the same “re-notify timings” used by user interface
In order to try keeping Log4OM V1 running in “maintenance mode” we have fixed the Clublog data format, changed by Clublog some weeks ago. Please remember that no new implementations will be made on V1.
- [NEW] When a REFERENCE selected in the reference menu contains a GRIDSQUARE the locator field become a list box and preselects the reference grid, with the original grid kept in the list.
This is already working when a reference is contained into a SPOT, but external source’s grid is not retrieved.
- [NEW] Added <PRESSURE_MMHG> and <PRESSURE_HP> to CW macro and cloud layer base height if available
- [NEW] Added a parameter in cluster alert configurations to retrigger an alert if the spot appears again with same data (band, mode, callsign) after an user defined amount of minutes. Set ZERO to “never trigger again” during current application session (max value 1440 minutes – one day).
PLEASE NOTE: Editing alerts will RESET current alert cache, so new spots will trigger all matching alerts once again.
- Code refactoring to standardize some procedures to C# best practices on query parameters, scheduler and other features.
- Hamlib minimum polling rate increased to 500ms to comply with internal hamlib cache engine. Configuration should be saved at least once to get the new value.
- Small optimizations in code (Main UI reactivity on voacap calculations)
- Application cache optimizations
- Small file filter optimizations
- Update lotw functions to use forced “interactive” TQSL approach when running from user interface, rather than using the user option value used to handle “unattended” uploads
- Optimized CAT routines and added a +-500Hz tolerance when application is near one of the “special frequencies” in band plan (eg. FT8 and other) instead of exact match to single Hz
- [FIX] Changed the CLUBLOG archive database parsing engine due to an unexpected change in the CLUBLOG exception file (namespace removal)
- [FIX] Filters now save IN Parameters as expected. Previous filters containing IN parameter should be rebuilt.
- [FIX] Hamlib parameter not saved/reloaded under some circumstances (really???)
- [FIX] Optimized weather METAR parsing function when some data are not available and replaced with “/////”
- [FIX] Fixed an issue that duplicated some figures in award statistics, detailed mode, total values affecting all awards, including LOTW (visualization issue)
The beta version is reported to fix issues on award statistics (Summary details) and “mode flickering” experienced by some users using FTx modes on some specific rigs.
You can get it from the Download page
• [NEW] Added support to legacy TCI message “clicked_on_spot” with target default to VFO A
• [NEW] Unlocked RST fields for direct user entry
• [NEW] UTC Clock can now be set on top as an option (checkbox in the top right corner of the clock area)
• [NEW] Multiple configurations now shows the configuration “friendly name” along with the id code
• [NEW] When uploading QSO to QRZ.COM, if the station call differs from the one indicated on QRZ logbook the QSO is discarded. Added a new field (on QRZ.COM settings) to force the STATION CALLSIGN to the value accepted by QRZ.COM. This will allow you to load as “<YOUR STATION CALLSIGN>” also QSO made under <YOUR STATION CALLSIGN>/QRP /P or other.
Please note that this option will also update your callsign in the case you made QSO’s with specific country suffixes, so in this case a specific evaluation should be done by the user (eventually loading QSO under a different logbook file)
• [NEW] Memory Reminder interface can now be used to store CURRENT callsign/CAT frequency for a quick recall
• [NEW] Label print has now an option to print VIA <MANAGER CALL> on top of the label (in PRINT page)
• [NEW] Label print code optimization (text placement) and bugfixing. Now CALLSIGN and COMMENT/QSL MESSAGE font size are user configurable. WARN: RECHECK YOUR LABEL PRINT SETTINGS AS THEY MAY HAVE BEEN CHANGED
• Alert management panel sorted alphabetically
• Settings – connections no more enable disable connection by simply clicking over it when selecting them. A confirmation click is now needed to change the status.
• Improved TCI spot data
• Improved screen placement persistence between different versions
• Added some checks to avoid loosing configuration in HAMLIB config under some circumstances
• [FIX] Fixed an issue that prevented load of award filters once set
• [FIX] Fixed an issue on cluster alerts when “any” is selected as source
• [FIX] Cluster band map doesn’t reads correctly preferred bands on main UI
• [FIX] Worked same band/mode group click doesn’t open worked before UI
• [FIX] Fixed issue with form placement between releases (will start working properly from next version as from now the application will preserve static form names)
• [FIX] Fixed issue in reset window positions function
• [FIX] Fixed issue in chat friend list
· [NEW] to add/edit incoming UDP message and UDP incoming proxy there is a new option here in program settings.
· [NEW] Added active monitoring of main UI performances to identify bottlenecks and external resources poor performances (new PERFORMANCE tag is visible on QSO message area – Log level DEBUG or higher).
· [NEW] Added support for “contest statistics” in cluster view settings. Now the user can show highlights on cluster based on actual contest activity, if enabled, as option
· [NEW] UDP inbound/proxy connections. Added support for user parameters INBOUND CONNECTIONS of those type: ADIF INBOUND, JT MESSAGES, N1MM and QARTEST.
For every single service you can now:
1) decide if you want to update data using external sources (USE_EXTERNAL_DATA)
2) decide if you want to update GRIDSQUARE (UPDATE_GRIDSQUARE)
3) decide if you want to UPLOAD QSO to external sources (UPLOAD_QSO)
4) decide if you want to update CQ values (UPDATE_CQ_ITUZONE)
5) decide if you want to save a QSO through JT message (ex message12 option) (SAVE_NEW_QSO)
For JT messages only:
5) Decide if you want to save QSO coming via JT message (alternative to JTAlert, gridtracker and other ADIF integrations) (Message 12 parameter has been removed from the separate option page in settings).
[NEW] ADIF monitor has now an option to decide if you want to update incoming data using log4om info and external sources or import them as they come in.
· [NEW] Statistics band map now show the “preferred confirmation mode view” set in program preferences and no more the fixed “worked” status for each band/mode. Current selection is visible pointing mouse over DXCC number
· [NEW] User awards are now saved on each award update into a backup file inside application configuration folder /awards (other than periodically and on user request from award manager top menu)
· [NEW] Added a “restore user awards” option to automatically restore user awards after a new version update (award manager top menu). This action cannot be performed automatically on application updates yet.
· [NEW] Added LOTW ONLY filter in cluster view. Small changes in cluster filter tab page
· [NEW] Clicking on callsign image in callsign lookup area will open a new screen with full size image.
· [NEW] External data source priority is now fixed by system
· Awards placed in the IGNORE LIST (in settings) will not be shown in award statistics page
· A specific yellow warning is now raised if external source data check took more than 2 seconds
· Focus no more returns on main CALLSIGN field when lookup is complete
· User award backup is now zipped
· Added more info on message area when exceptions and data are recovered from internal archives (grid and state)
· Main UI data entry area highlight set on all fields. Some hidden tabs have been removed for a more pleasant experience while tabbing between fields.
· [FIX] Fixed tab order for CONTEST mode (CALLSIGN -> RECEIVED -> SENT -> RST SENT -> RST RECEIVED)
· [FIX] Fixed an issue with lowercase on ADIF import
· [FIX] Fixed QSL VIA label not hidden in QSL manager when confirmation mode was different from QSL
· [FIX] Fixed main UI notification background color box
· [FIX] Gridsquare is no more updated when a QSO is received through UDP (an option for that will be added at a later time) or JT message 12
· [FIX] Focus loss on date/time data entry when changing QSO date in a locked date box after 3 seconds issue has been fixed. Now the country/exceptions/awards are checked when date is changed and field is leaved (or when you save with enter key)
- [NEW] Completely rewritten the remote control interface to control Log4Om functions from external applications (see resources page)
- [NEW] Improved user interface responsivity while searching for QSO data
- [NEW] QSO received through inbound JT messages will updated to set SEND status for each confirmation received equal to the Log4OM user defaults (if value is NO/REQUESTED), when different.
- [NEW] Added support for RF-Kit via Remote Control.
- [NEW] Added new floating QSO data entry interface in VIEW menu
- [NEW] Optimized access to external source info and external images
- [NEW] Added supercluster auto start option in settings / cluster
- [NEW] Improved threading management on supercluster and external source parsing, reduced locks and waits on many functions
- Moved FCC data to external SQLITE database to reduce overall memory footprint
- Added dump of external sources lookup into roaming /temp folder (in DEBUG mode or higher)
- Spot from unrecognized DXCC entity will be ignored by cluster alerts
- Increased download interval for FCC data to 30 days
- [FIX] Fixed issue when loading malformed contest file
- [FIX] Fixed an issue on external data usage (CTY.DAT and external providers) that was using historic priorities rather than current QSO lookup during realtime checks
- [FIX] Fixed issue in QSO MANAGER when addding/removing time from a QSO
• [NEW] Log4OM is now able to retrieve nearest airport weather data automatically. Please note that updates are performed HOURLY and are related to to your current user profile location NEAREST AIRPORT (it could be some miles away). User can override default selection to find a more suitable airport in relation of his specific position in a 200 km radius. There is a new submenu for that in settings area.
• [NEW] New screen in main user interface bottom area with current weather (F11)
• [NEW] CW macro values based on current weather Wind, temperature, current weather and cloud coverage are now available in different unit where available (°C, °F, Kts, Km/h, m/s)
• [NEW] Statistics on band/mode now show country worked/confirmed status (orange/green) and callsign worked status (cyan/blue)
• [NEW] Qso marked “DO NOT SEND” during label printing phase can be now updated in the “QSL SENT STATUS” of choice (default INVALID) when saving the final status of the QSO after label print. This will allow preventive filtering and prevent them from popping up again on every label print workout.
• [NEW] Qso not printed (routing type not selected for PDF output) can be marked with “QSL SENT STATUS” of choice. This can be useful if you don’t plan to send QSL cards via DIRECT or MANAGER DIRECT and you didn’t print any label for them, by deselecting the relevant option in the output page settings. Now those QSO can be marked to a definitive final status of choice and can be removed from the next search with default searching options (so they will not pop up anymore in the label print extraction unless you decide to work them again).
• [NEW] User can now select between google maps, bing maps and open street maps as world map in main UI. The option is in the PROGRAM SETTINGS
• [NEW] Label printing process can now pre-cache external source retrieval for a more efficient label processing. Caching work in background while you manually check the QSO in the routing screen, resulting in a faster load of the next QSO (if already cached)
• [NEW] Label routing page now features an “auto approve MANAGER / MANAGER BUREAU” QSL’ing, allowing you to concentrate on “no send” and “direct” QSL requests.
• Some optimizations on lag experienced during main UI refresh related to map refresh
• Added centralized update of RST.xml file from log4om.com server
• Small optimizations in grid query interface
• Added support for ADIF fields (import/export):
• Added new band “submm” (300 GHz -> 7500 GHz)
• Support request file now contains program scheduler
• [FIX] Fixed anomaly introduced by a format change in the NOAA planetary index data (Planetary K Index are now expressed as decimal values)
• [FIX] Fixed an issue that wrongly triggered alerts under some situations where MODE is selected
• [FIX] Fixed an issue that overrided the country/cq/itu data on the UI when manually changed by the user
- [NEW] Added QRZ.COM confirmation download support (storage of the information and usage in managed awards). ADIF Export is actually not available as the ADIF committee has not voted yet.
- [NEW] User can now select the in depth how to perform a callsign search, while typing or while leaving the callsign field. Leaving has 2 options now, leaving field by clicking elsewhere or tabbing out, or only on tabbing out the callsign field. All options are available in PROGRAM SETTINGS / PERFORMANCE tab.
- Improved ADIF import routine sensitivity to better support QRZ.COM ADIF output
- Added dynamic detection of some specific modes in EESDR3 (FT4/FT8/JT65) to correctly identify and show the mode in the main UI
- Added new fields (readonly) on QSO called GridSquare4 and MyGridSquare4 that contains the 4 digit gridsquare from full field
- Updated support for N1MM (ContactDelete raised before ContactUpdate)
- Added support for negative offset
- Added an option for sending “true frequency” to radio on SPOT click (instead of applying the reversed offset) in CAT settings page.
- Optimized TCI Cat management
- [FIX] Fixed supercluster issues
- [FIX] Fixed gridsquare issues when spot is selected from cluster band map
- [FIX] Gridsquare value is overwritten by automatic search even with flag not checked in user preferences
- [FIX] Identified and fixed an issue on hamlib settings save
- [FIX] Fixed hamlib error level issue in configuration
- [FIX] Fixed TCI mode switch issue (not detected by radio)
- [FIX] Fixed an issue on offset management on TCI engine
- [FIX] Multiple qso delete from QSO grid when using MySQL issue has been fixed. Some optimizations on SQLite side too
- [FIX] Fixed an issue on label print when destination address doesn’t contains name of the receiver.