Due to the high amount of requests to manage “DATA” mode in LOTW download, following recent FT8 digital mode release, we exceptionally released a new version of Log4OM with the following features:
Release notes Version 1.30.0
– LOTW user list now retrieved directly from LOTW website. Small enhancements in retrieval functionality.
– Log4OM now reads LOTW “DATA” mode as generic digital mode and matches all QSO in digital modes made with the indicated station on +-30′ range, same band
Release notes Version 1.29.0
– LOTW download doesn’t change the gridsquare if something it’s already saved on the QSO
– Implemented great circle representation when drawing QSO on map
– Winkeyer Lead-In and Tail value increment changed from 10 to 1 per click.
– Hamlib libraries updated to main revision 3.x
– Changed residual dates from LOCAL to UTC on all software features.
– Fixed DXCC export statistics
– LOTW QSO download now updates country if different from log.
– DC reference removed from WAS list
– Fixed code in the awards management to be more compliant with awards.xml file
– Added support to 4m awards in ARRL / CQ awards
– Fixed counter in GRIDSQUARE statistics
– New bands supported in IOTA award (6m and upper)
– 2 new advanced options in SETTINGS – CAT (mainly Elecraft users)
– Send FREQUENCY command before MODE command when changing both parameters
– Add delay (fixed 500 ms) between FREQ and MODE subsequent messages (or MODE FREQ according to previous parameter)
– Added transverter support under program settings – CAT menu (add/remove amount in KHz) working at low level near CAT subsystem.
– Added JT9, FT8 mode support
– Small performance improvements in datagrid QSO visualization
Release notes Version 1.28.0
– Added support to a new service (Special Contest Calls) that will work with SCL (Special Callsign) file already available. Both services are provided by Chuck K7PT and updated automatically by Log4OM or manually through SCL update option
– Fixed audio management in PTT voice control when PTT screen is closed and reopened.
– Fixed an issue with statistics that won’t open if the user has not set his own station locator.
– Fixed an issue on startup if the CONFIG parameter in the shortcut is related to a non-existent configuration
– Extended the JT mode RST scale
– Added a flag to speed up loading of award CSV files. Warning: Skips dupe and period overlap. Use with caution
– Some optimizations on award CSV import functions
– Fixed a missing translation in SETTINGS screen
– When SATELLITE mode is enabled, propagation is set to SAT and is not changed on new QSO’s
– Better management of LOTW download errors. Now error pages in HTML returned from LOTW are saved to disk and users are alerted to check them for errors (typically wrong password)
– Added new filters (mode) on WAS award statistics
– Added new filters (CW/DIGITAL/PHONE) on Locator statistics
– Log4OM main user interface can now be reduced in height to keep only the top area visible
HAPPY NEW 2017
Release notes Version 1.27.0
– Fixed issue with SOTA cluster not following “standard” cluster format (SOTA cluster rev. 27th November 2016)
– Added SSID support to cluster connections
– LOTW settings is now able to show a dropdown list contaning the station ID retrieved from TQSL xml file
– New configuration file RSTMode that maps the mode with the relative RST set of values. Digital catches everything else
– Many small enhancements and optimizations in performance, stability and error catching and reporting
I wish to say a BIG THANKS to Log4OM Team (Terry and Chuck), Beta Testing team and the whole community that is supporting Log4OM forum users.
Without you, guys, Log4OM will not be the software we know:
Special thanks goes to (in random order):
Aldo VA3AG, Chuck K7PT, Claus EI7JZ, Doug W7DRM, Manuel CT1BXX, Martin VE3VEE, Peter G3ZSS, Rolf LA9FFA, Terry G4POP, Juergen DF5WW, Olaf DK2LO
If you find a bug in Log4OM it’s because they didn’t tested the software accurately 🙂
Release 1.26 of Log4OM is a maintenance release to fix the following issues
- Grid reference were not being updated when call edited – Reverted to locator update on new lookup and added a lock button to the locator field for manual input
- RST set in Net control not saved correctly – Changed format and now an active call in a net should be highlighted to update the RST from the default set
- Added a control to prevent Net Control form closing with an active NET – Now warns on closing a net that there are unsaved calls in the active window.
- Upload LOTW button now visible in Italian language version
- Notes field now not cleared when adding a QSO
- After sending spot, focus stays on spot “globe”, pressing enter opens another spot – Fixed
- Added some log optimizations to cluster calls
- Code optimizations on cluster connection, database and statistics
- Improvements and new application logs added on the software base code