Release notes Version 1.36.0
Added support to QARTest direct QSO import in Log4OM Communicator (Inbound settings, default port is 9458)
Added support to N1MM direct QSO import (UDP Broadgast -> CONTACT option in N1MM settings) in Log4OM Communicator (Inbound settings, default port 12060)
Added new CAT mode in settings (Source: N1MM – selection: External) that overrides Omnirig and Hamlib (requires a running communicator instance)
Set autofocus over search fields of QSO Management and QSL Management forms
Added Aircraft Scatter in the propagation mode list and moved the whole list to external configuration file (propagation.csv)
Release notes Version 1.35.0
This release is dedicated to our friend Chuck K7PT SK
- Moved resources to main Log4OM.com project website
- Small adjustments in menu
- Log4OM download resources moved to HTTPS
- Country identification routine fixed and improved
- User Callsign Lookup is now able to work also with main SCL files (for internal team management use, but available to everyone)
- Forced ADIF export in UTF-8 format to comply with special codepages
- Changed upload ADIF version towards LOTW to ADIF3
- Improved Clublog exception search mechanism
Chuck Degard Jr. K7PT SK
We have just received the tragic news that our great friend and associate Chuck has passed away, leaving a son David and daughter Susan. He survived his beloved wife Judy passed away a couple of years ago.
Chuck lived in Tempe Arizona and was a great DXer having achieved top place in the DXCC Honour Roll in 2015 but he continued to chase the rare ones until the end. He served in the USAF and his interest in flying private aircraft and latterly RC models endured as strongly as his amateur radio activities.
An enthusiastic petrol head he loved his Corvettes and his Mercedes sports plus excursions in his RV and trips up to the cabin he built in the mountains.
Chuck was involved with Simon Brown HB9DRV/G4ELI in the development and support of Ham Radio Deluxe until the software was sold in 2011.
In January 2012 he became a founder member of the Log4OM development team providing invaluable advice on the DXCC and user defined awards while providing daily updates to the Special Call List and Country Files. He was always available to assist our users on the forum with his in depth knowledge of the software and radio in general.
Chuck will be missed by everyone that has known him through amateur radio and his other varied interest, we send our condolences to his family and wish we were able to be with them at this sad time.
R.I P. Chuck
Daniele Pistollato IW3HMH
Terry Genes G4POP
Release notes Version 1.34.0
– Award Management. Added new AwardOverride.csv file to override DXCC automatically calculated by Log4OM (or when Log4Om is not able to determine DXCC from prefix in WFF)
– LoTW upload page automatically open on program closing if new QSO are available and not uploaded yet (Settings options in LOTW config page)
– Improved logging on some situations
– Fixed an issue on historic (monthly) backup under some circumstances
– Fixed an issue that miscalculate locator from Clublog coordinates and may produce unexpected issues when a callsign is not found on external sources
– Fixed (added some proximity logic) to callsign analyzing function that is guessing that KH7P “could” be a prefix bounded to Hawaii instead of a full callsign.
This will prevent correct identification of callsign like KH1/KH7P as Log4om is guessing as a first instance that KH7P may be a country SUFFIX instead of a callsign, in order to maximize search chances. Incidentally KH7P is a valid prefix for Hawaii that will override check on KH1
– Clublog error while deleting a QSO in some circumstances fixed
– New option in SETTINGS / SERVICES to make data quality enrichment in QSO added by external software using communicator (JTAlert, WSJT, GridTracker, etc.)
– Implementation of new User Special Callsign definition database, accessible from [Settings -> UCL Database] menu
– Satellite mode now shows red label with satellite code instead of “SATELLITE MODE” In main user interface, if a valid satellite is selected