Check out the Log4OM features set updated to April 2021 by G4POP Terry
Release note – Version 220.127.116.11
⦁ [NEW] Added support to Hamlib 4.2
⦁ [NEW] Added dual VFO hamlib capability by supporting new “VFO mode” parameter (Enable VFO Mode in hamlib configuration screen)
⦁ [NEW] Cluster alert email notifications.
Mail server can be configured from Program Configuration under “Program Settings / E-mail settings” menu.
Alert destination list can be configured from Program Configuration under “Software Configuration / Cluster / Alerts” menu
⦁ [NEW] Added PFX (prefix) field on main UI and QSO EDIT. In Contest and Winkeyer the field is automatically saved without data presentation on user interface.
⦁ [NEW] Added new massive update feature in QSO Management / QSO Checks section for PFX data
⦁ Log4OM will not update IOTA and SOTA archives anymore if the user set IOTA and SOTA awards in the deactivated awards list. This option is recommended to speed up Log4OM interface when those awards are not used at all. User manual update request will force the update in any case.
⦁ Changed format of hamlib riglist file. You can regenerate hamlib_riglist.txt from a newer hamlib release using “rigctl -l >hamlib_riglist.txt” and moving the produced file to the config folder
⦁ Added PFX field in QSO Edit screen
⦁ Added capability to identify award related callsigns on main UI when data is coming from user input rather than cluster
⦁ Small optimization in cluster simulation function
⦁ Improved precision of gridsquare representation in map
⦁ Added capability to show up to 2 association data in the QSO grids. Associations can be customized from settings/user preferences. Associations can now be searched from grid search functions
⦁ External resource manual update is now performed through the scheduler and not in real time. Expect it running in the next 30″
⦁ Added a parameter on SUPPORT REQUEST form to remove all passwords related to amateur services from log. This may prevent users from receiving valid support if the issue is related to a communication process and we can’t reproduce. Please note that LOG may contain some residual passwords.
Please note we NEVER export (in support requests) or log anything containing your email user/password, if configured.
⦁ [FIX] QSO distance field not always calculated on ADIF import
⦁ [FIX] Fixed missing cleanup of the statistical matrix on cleanup
⦁ [FIX] IOTA, IOTA_ISLAND_ID and SOTA csv export issue fixed
⦁ [FIX] IOTA_ISLAND_ID export issue in ADIF output fixed
⦁ [FIX] State field not correctly populated from cluster in main UI
⦁ [FIX] Fixed issue that prevented association data to be saved correctly under some circumstances
⦁ [FIX] Fixed issue that prevented correct identification when uploading QSO to HRDLOG using a callsign different from the one registered in HRDLOG (eg. /P)
Release note – Version 18.104.22.168
⦁ [NEW] Added support for KML export from QSO grids.
⦁ [NEW] Added support for scheduled webpage/CSV generation with custom fields and optional FTP upload.
⦁ [NEW] Added more info on label routing page.
⦁ [NEW] User can now skip label print if counterpart requires SASE and/or contribution for the QSL.
⦁ [NEW] Added a new option (valid for ALL PROFILES) in Program Settings (top menu) to disable automatic backup on program shutdown. This option is NOT recommended if you don’t have an alternative backup method or specific needs.
⦁ [NEW] New section PERFORMANCE in Program Settings (top menu) with some options the user can disable to maximize program performances on heavy loaded systems.
⦁ [NEW] New benchmark tool in the PERFORMANCE menu to check how the system performs on some areas.
⦁ [NEW] Users can now put awards into the “ignore list” (USER PREFERENCES / AWARDS). Those awards will not be identified in cluster and will not be shown on main UI award options for the selected callsign. Unused awards will not be parsed, resulting in a small speed optimization. If award parsing in cluster is disabled on PERFORMANCE section the cluster will not perform searches on ANY award.
⦁ Label print automatic routing identification improved.
⦁ Contest UI improvements.
⦁ Program cluster reactivity enhanced.
⦁ Added current version number on program header.
⦁ Relocated solar data information to the top right area of the main UI.
⦁ Re enabled multiple band map concurrent views.
⦁ [FIX] Changed distance rounding method to prevent distance calculation issues
Release note – Version 22.214.171.124
⦁ [NEW] Added QSO date range in LOTW confirmations download
⦁ [NEW] Added friends list management in CHAT screen
⦁ [NEW] Contact matrix show in BLUE previous mode/band contacts with the current callsign
⦁ [NEW] If an award reference retrieved from cluster contains a known gridsquare this is used to show and save QSO info.
⦁ [NEW] SOTA references locators are now calculated with 6 digits
⦁ [NEW] Implemented non standard callsign file support
⦁ [NEW] Statistics on main UI now show the confirmation status for the current callsign, callsign on current band and callsign on current mode.
⦁ [NEW] Improved label printing. Added capability to print “my references” or “comment” on each single QSO in the label (if any). QSL Message and NOTE became a single field printed on label bottom area. All texs are optional.
⦁ Main UI threading code optimizations
⦁ Statistics area performance rework
⦁ Disable speed potentiomenter setting made persistant in Winkeyer options
⦁ VOACAP engine performance optimizations
⦁ Chat engine optimizations and protocol changes
⦁ Chat engine try to reconnection in case of external disconnection
⦁ Log-style screen performances enhanced
⦁ Improved logging of running threads
⦁ No more debug messages in CHAT screen when working in TRACE MODE log
⦁ UDP and CAT logging made optional in the main application log to reduce amount of data written to the log. 2 new options in the HELP menu -> LOG LEVEL sub menu
⦁ Fixed compatibility issue of telnet cluster relay server with Win4ICOM suite
⦁ Left area stats show/hide setting made persistant
⦁ [FIX] Fixed issue with automatic FCC updates when an EN.dat file was already available
⦁ [FIX] Fixed issue on LOTW QSL paper confirmation download that may have not correctly downloaded data in the past. If you recently submitted paper QSL to checkers please perform a full download of LOTW data from the stone age of your license
⦁ [FIX] Code optimizations (speed improvements) applied when dealing with duplicated spots coming from multiple connected clusters
⦁ [FIX] Multiple reference support handling on same spot fixed
⦁ [FIX] “incoming message” indicator now correctly open the CHAT screen
⦁ [FIX] LOTW station call (opt) not correctly set in the download screen. Fixed
⦁ [FIX] Mode and Band data lists not correctly updated from web under some circumstances
Release note – Version 126.96.36.199
- [NEW] New “resource editor” function (Settings menu) allow advanced users to personalize program configuration files. Usage of this feature requires a good knowledge of Log4OM.
- [NEW] FCC database support for STATE visualization in cluster data.
- [NEW] Log4OM joined the Off-Air Message Service, a new Ham Radio shared chat environment that joins Log4OM and GridTracker users. You can find it in the UTILITIES menu
- [NEW] downloaded eQSL’s can now be viewed in QSO edit screen
- [NEW] Starting from this release we may release PUBLIC BETA versions to try and test new features before official release. You can subscribe to this opportunity by clicking on the “Check for PUBLIC BETA updates” in SETTINGS -> PROGRAM SETTINGS. Public beta will be released through Log4OM website.
- You can now hide Statistics from F6 main UI tab via right menu button
- Removed DARC_DOK award from the list. Valid one is DLD
- Updated Clublog xmlns version to 1.3
- Updated predicted solar data function to read new JSON provided by NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center
- QSL Manager screen “return key” will perform a search operation on current callsign value
- 2 more sounds added to the Alert/Chat notification options
- NET CONTROL: Added option to disable data lookup.
- NET CONTROL: Data manually inserted into callsign definition are no more overwritten by external lookup.
- NET CONTROL: Automatic country identification on new callsign definitions works without external lookup.
- LAZY LOG: New input keys for single QSO: name, comment, county and state
- Added support for user defined bandplan (added support for “_user” suffix)
- [FIX] Application deadlock during idle time should be fixed
- [FIX] CQ/ITU zone import from ADIF fixed when counterpart data are not available on search engines.
- [FIX] Award Confirmation import routine fix on date recognization
- [FIX] 000329: Saved filters don’t work on re-load
- [FIX] 000325: Fixed POTA export from Award Stats
- [NEW] Contact map has been added on every QSO grid in the bottom options. The map will show 4 and 6-digits locator of the contact (if available). Double click on large or small grid will provide a list of QSO. Filters are applied if set.
- [NEW] Added FT4/FT8 cluster filters in cluster VIEW tab and band map
- [NEW] Added sunrise/sunset data of the selected QSO below greyline map
- [NEW] When KHz area of frequency receives a decimal (or thousand) separator as input, the focus will move to Hz. This will allow adding frequency a more straightforward activity.
- [NEW] Ptt toggle option to switch TX/RX on single keypress instead of constant keypress (settings – CAT)
- [NEW] Frequency is sent to PSTRotator when changed by more than 10KHz (SteppIR antenna only)
- [NEW] QSO massive date/time update added to QSO Management
- [NEW] Added load/save filter capabilities to grids
- [NEW] Added load/save buttons on QSO Management direct query
- [NEW] You can now update MY REFERENCES and MY ASSOCIATIONS massively on QSO Management screen
- Winkeyer now accept ENTER key both in direct and normal mode. In Direct type mode the string is saved into log and cleared, while in normal mode the string is sent without needs to use the SEND button
- Band map now has maximum age spot parameter in cluster settings
- Optimizations in map image loading functions
- Internal log optimizations
- Added more eQSL details on UPLOAD screen
- FSK441 and MSK144 modes now reports in dB on RST dropdown lists
- ADIF import: improved country reorganization when no DXCC is provided
- ADIF import: an alert is now reported if the MODE / SUBMODE is not recognized.
- QSO edit form now shows inactive countries
- TQSL routine hardened. Added 120sec timeout
- Added new award option to prevent multiple references on the same QSO for awards that does not allow this behavior
- Blocked multiple reference creation on single QSO on awards that allows only 1 reference on QSO. NOTE: That will NOT prevent multiple references creation if identified automatically by external sources.
- [FIX] Winkeyer. Fixed issue when typing ENTER key in direct mode
- [FIX] Massive QSO update LAT/LONG error fixed
- [FIX] Band RX cleared when CAT disconnected
- [FIX] Band Map horizontal line not shown when confirmation view is selected but nothing is needed for that QSO.
- [FIX] Fixed default values for LOTW, QSL, EQSL sent and received status on ADIF import when that info are missing in the inbound flow.
- [FIX] Supercluster not shown when reporter continent filter is set in cluster.
- [FIX] EQSL Satellite mode upload fixed
- [FIX] Fixed deadlock on program closure when update activities were running in background
- [FIX] Fixed import issue for MY_CQ_ZONE and MY_ITU_ZONE
- [FIX] MyReferences field empty in QSL Manager
- [FIX] QSLMSG import error
Release note – Version 188.8.131.52
- [NEW] label “SAT MODE” now show the satellite name if selected
- [NEW] Added Band map in main UI (with HIDE button on bottom right)
- [NEW] SPOT SEND screen will now allow you to recover data from previously saved QSO (current session only)
- [NEW] Added more automated massive QSO update capabilities in QSO Management screen
- [NEW] Added massive award confirmation status functions on Award Statistics page
- [NEW] Award export now has more options and support WWFF and POTA ADIF output with SIG/MY_SIG/SIGINFO/MY_SIGINFO output
- [NEW] Added option to avoid label printing on LAST ROW of the sheet. This will enable usage of NON BORDERLESS printers. New parameter is in the LABEL DEFINITION
- [NEW] Added Color support on labels. New parameter is in the LABEL DEFINITION
- Send SEND SPOT button relocated near operator name in main UI
- Award references can now be searched by ALL fields in the reference itself, not only reference code.
- Renamed AWARD STATISTICS into AWARD STATUS
- Hamlib RIG_PASSBAND_NOCHANGE implemented. That should fix the narrow filter issue in Hamlib on mode change, on radio that supports this command
- UPDATED voacap statistic engine
- Added SEND SPOT capabilities to Contest and winkeyer screen
- Band map scroll and spot placement optimizations
- Band map can now follow radio band
- Award statistics columns made resizable
- Antenna identification routine optimized
- Cluster detected “SPOT MODE” overrides emission type from bandplan value to real mode emission type
- Maximum number of open external Band Map reduced to 1
- [FIX] Band order in station radio/antenna configuration properly sorted on ADD list
- [FIX] EQsl/LOTW download date no more moved to -1 years from today when multiple download requests are performed in the same day
- [FIX] PSE QSL * now marks correctly QSO that require QSL confirmation in label print
- [FIX] Fixed issue in QSO Edit for references not selectable even if set invalid after QSO date (id #299)
- [FIX] Fixed twice MY_STATE adif tag export.
Release note – Version 184.108.40.206
⦁ [NEW] Serial winkeyer devices are now supported (added DTR pin HIGH on WK initialization)
⦁ [NEW] Added ADIF import checks for missing BAND/MODE. Log4OM tries to recover band from frequency if available. If found and MODE is missing, the mode will be retrieved from the bandplan as best match.
⦁ [NEW] New Station management. You can now create multiple configurations with different radio and antenna. Each antenna under specific radio can be set to be the preferred antenna for the indicated radio when working on the indicated band
⦁ Increased to 60″ the wait-on-shutdown maximum time.
⦁ Added 45 seconds timeout to LOTW TQSL call on shutdown. Small optimizations on TQSL start parameters.
⦁ Added “you have been spotted” message on user interface (main, contest, winkeyer)
⦁ Improved USA-CA identification routine by adding capability to concatenate 2 database fields in award manager with an optional separator (STATE – CNTY fields)
⦁ Added reference rescan on QSO EDIT save
⦁ Optimizations on PTT key routines
⦁ Updated Libya, Georgia, Kosovo, South Sudan, ITU, San Marino flags
⦁ Added ARRL prefix tooltip over country flag on country user control
⦁ Removed (opt) label in External Services LOTW Configuration
⦁ Added log screen in QSO update window with details of activities
⦁ Label print search data optimizations
⦁ Award confirmation routine (import) now sets the reference if missing in the originally saved QSO
⦁ Award confirmation (import) routine now sets the reference in the COMMENT field
⦁ Fixed HRDLog qso upload random failure
⦁ Clublog uploads marked as DUPE will be considered valid and QSO will switch to SENT=YES
⦁ MOTD interface improvements
⦁ [FIX] MY CQZone was changed in program configuration under some circumstances when QSO is logged from external applications
⦁ [FIX] Contest mode START/END time fixed UTC issues
⦁ [FIX] CQ Zone set to zero when importing from JT applications fixed
⦁ [FIX] Fixed rotator commands in Winkeyer and Contest screen
⦁ [FIX] Added missing fields to HRDLOG data upload
⦁ [FIX] Fixed issue on Winkeyer initialization (WK_Range)
⦁ [NEW] Added capability to show up to 2 customizable awards for each QSO in grid (default to IOTA and SOTA awards). You can change them in USER PREFERENCES to match your preferred awards.
⦁ [NEW] Added map support to Winkeyer screen.
⦁ [NEW] Added SIG and SIG INFO fields of the counterpart in the main screen (Extended Info).
⦁ [NEW] Net control support
⦁ QSL manager no more performs automatic timed searches on param changes. Added new search button to be used when params are filled. “Search required” button functions revisited.
⦁ Added QSO Date search in QSL management (actual dates refers to SENT DATE and RECEIVED DATE of the confirmation)
⦁ Additional cluster date checks added.
⦁ Removed redundant STAY ON TOP option in winkeyer screen.
⦁ Winkeyer transmission log is not cleared after each QSO. User must manually clear it when needed.
⦁ Added some checks on MY_STATE field and STATE field
⦁ Automatic awards list update after new award download
⦁ Refined CQ and ITU zone checks during ADIF import. No changes applied on imported/user entered data, CQ and ITU checks are performed only during lookup and data enrichment phases
⦁ Added MY_ANTENNA adif field
⦁ Removed ANTENNA proprietary field (import-only)
⦁ STATE field is now bounded to a value list for countries that support the value (ADIF 3.1.0). Invalid values will be discarded
⦁ MY STATE in program config is now bounded to a value list for countries that support the value
⦁ STATE and MY_STATE fields on import are checked against a valid value list.
⦁ Satellite mode now automatically set propagation mode to “Satellite”.
⦁ Added support for “MHz” representation for band used in SOTA on Award Import data used for SOTA confirmations.
⦁ Label print optimizations on address retrieval from external sources.
⦁ HRDLog online presence code optimized to reduce potential issues.
⦁ Curacao flag added.
⦁ [FIX] Lazylog issue when callsign starts with digits.
⦁ [FIX] search issue on reference field
⦁ [FIX] Prevented main UI from getting focus when external events occours and the screen is minimized.
Release note – Version 220.127.116.11
- [NEW] Added Clublog/CTY file exception correction on all cluster items
- [NEW] LazyLog massive data entry interface added
- [NEW] ADIF export can now produce files with a reduced, user selectable, range of fields (File -> Export ADIF)
- [NEW] Added CSV export with user selectable/sortable fields (File -> Export CSV)
- [NEW] Option to invert FREQUENCY/MODE order in message sent to radio (Settings – CAT)
- [NEW] Added native support for network connected rigs through Hamlib (FLEX and similar)
- [NEW] Added SOTA Chaser/S2S/SWL TSV/CSV file format export capabilities (Award Statistics screen -> Export)
- [NEW] Added “stay on top” option on contest and winkeyer screens
- Added management of award reference alias. Will affect correct identification of USA-CA award references and others.
- ADIF and CSV export is now available also in QSO Management with full output filters
- Improved EQSL and LOTW import performances
- Improved WSJT/JTAlert ADIF inbound message performances
- Improved reactivity of QSO add function. QSO save is made asynchronously respect main UI
- Added management of the (now deprecated) QSL_SEND status “Validated”. This will mark all LOTW and WAS references as VALIDATED.
- New option in Alerts: Ignore statistics. Trigger the alert under any condition of worked/confirmed for the country
- Import of QSL_RCVD status Verified (actually deprecated in ADIF standard) now set the QSO as VERIFIED for DXCC and WAS
- Added option to start Hamlib application hidden (not shown on taskbar)
- Previous QSO and Worked Before no more on top by default
- small fixes in LOTW download interface
- QSO filters improved: Added capability to explicitly exclude QSO that have a specific award in the myReference/contactReference. Useful to extract chaser without ref2ref contacts.
- Clearing Callsign field in main UI resets map to station home QTH
- Updated SOTA routines to support new summits csv file from SOTA website
- [FIX] Massive QSO update performance issue fixed
- [FIX] grid field editor no more stay behind the parent screen if parent is set to stay on top
- [FIX] Length reported in ADIF format for frequency was incorrect
- [FIX] Omnirig dual radio – one off issue fixed
- [FIX] Award statistics view (chaser / activator / reference2reference filters)
- [FIX] Prevented removal of QSO primary keys (date/callsign/band/mode) at database level
- [FIX] My Rig and My Antenna not correctly retrieved when using a different profile in QSO Edit
- [FIX] Reported length of ADIF fields now consider // as start of the comment and exclude comment length from adif field calculation
- [FIX] Hrdlog sends online status even with not active.
- [FIX] Changes in Winkeyer UI won’t trigger main UI interface refresh, stealing focus
- [FIX] Current references in QSO under edit are not cleared if main parameters (band/mode) changes. User must check if current awards registered are still valid for the QSO even under new parameters. DXCC change always clear preselected awards