- [NEW] Contact map has been added on every QSO grid in the bottom options. The map will show 4 and 6-digits locator of the contact (if available). Double click on large or small grid will provide a list of QSO. Filters are applied if set.
- [NEW] Added FT4/FT8 cluster filters in cluster VIEW tab and band map
- [NEW] Added sunrise/sunset data of the selected QSO below greyline map
- [NEW] When KHz area of frequency receives a decimal (or thousand) separator as input, the focus will move to Hz. This will allow adding frequency a more straightforward activity.
- [NEW] Ptt toggle option to switch TX/RX on single keypress instead of constant keypress (settings – CAT)
- [NEW] Frequency is sent to PSTRotator when changed by more than 10KHz (SteppIR antenna only)
- [NEW] QSO massive date/time update added to QSO Management
- [NEW] Added load/save filter capabilities to grids
- [NEW] Added load/save buttons on QSO Management direct query
- [NEW] You can now update MY REFERENCES and MY ASSOCIATIONS massively on QSO Management screen
- Winkeyer now accept ENTER key both in direct and normal mode. In Direct type mode the string is saved into log and cleared, while in normal mode the string is sent without needs to use the SEND button
- Band map now has maximum age spot parameter in cluster settings
- Optimizations in map image loading functions
- Internal log optimizations
- Added more eQSL details on UPLOAD screen
- FSK441 and MSK144 modes now reports in dB on RST dropdown lists
- ADIF import: improved country reorganization when no DXCC is provided
- ADIF import: an alert is now reported if the MODE / SUBMODE is not recognized.
- QSO edit form now shows inactive countries
- TQSL routine hardened. Added 120sec timeout
- Added new award option to prevent multiple references on the same QSO for awards that does not allow this behavior
- Blocked multiple reference creation on single QSO on awards that allows only 1 reference on QSO. NOTE: That will NOT prevent multiple references creation if identified automatically by external sources.
- [FIX] Winkeyer. Fixed issue when typing ENTER key in direct mode
- [FIX] Massive QSO update LAT/LONG error fixed
- [FIX] Band RX cleared when CAT disconnected
- [FIX] Band Map horizontal line not shown when confirmation view is selected but nothing is needed for that QSO.
- [FIX] Fixed default values for LOTW, QSL, EQSL sent and received status on ADIF import when that info are missing in the inbound flow.
- [FIX] Supercluster not shown when reporter continent filter is set in cluster.
- [FIX] EQSL Satellite mode upload fixed
- [FIX] Fixed deadlock on program closure when update activities were running in background
- [FIX] Fixed import issue for MY_CQ_ZONE and MY_ITU_ZONE
- [FIX] MyReferences field empty in QSL Manager
- [FIX] QSLMSG import error
Release note – Version 22.214.171.124
- [NEW] label “SAT MODE” now show the satellite name if selected
- [NEW] Added Band map in main UI (with HIDE button on bottom right)
- [NEW] SPOT SEND screen will now allow you to recover data from previously saved QSO (current session only)
- [NEW] Added more automated massive QSO update capabilities in QSO Management screen
- [NEW] Added massive award confirmation status functions on Award Statistics page
- [NEW] Award export now has more options and support WWFF and POTA ADIF output with SIG/MY_SIG/SIGINFO/MY_SIGINFO output
- [NEW] Added option to avoid label printing on LAST ROW of the sheet. This will enable usage of NON BORDERLESS printers. New parameter is in the LABEL DEFINITION
- [NEW] Added Color support on labels. New parameter is in the LABEL DEFINITION
- Send SEND SPOT button relocated near operator name in main UI
- Award references can now be searched by ALL fields in the reference itself, not only reference code.
- Renamed AWARD STATISTICS into AWARD STATUS
- Hamlib RIG_PASSBAND_NOCHANGE implemented. That should fix the narrow filter issue in Hamlib on mode change, on radio that supports this command
- UPDATED voacap statistic engine
- Added SEND SPOT capabilities to Contest and winkeyer screen
- Band map scroll and spot placement optimizations
- Band map can now follow radio band
- Award statistics columns made resizable
- Antenna identification routine optimized
- Cluster detected “SPOT MODE” overrides emission type from bandplan value to real mode emission type
- Maximum number of open external Band Map reduced to 1
- [FIX] Band order in station radio/antenna configuration properly sorted on ADD list
- [FIX] EQsl/LOTW download date no more moved to -1 years from today when multiple download requests are performed in the same day
- [FIX] PSE QSL * now marks correctly QSO that require QSL confirmation in label print
- [FIX] Fixed issue in QSO Edit for references not selectable even if set invalid after QSO date (id #299)
- [FIX] Fixed twice MY_STATE adif tag export.
Release note – Version 126.96.36.199
⦁ [NEW] Serial winkeyer devices are now supported (added DTR pin HIGH on WK initialization)
⦁ [NEW] Added ADIF import checks for missing BAND/MODE. Log4OM tries to recover band from frequency if available. If found and MODE is missing, the mode will be retrieved from the bandplan as best match.
⦁ [NEW] New Station management. You can now create multiple configurations with different radio and antenna. Each antenna under specific radio can be set to be the preferred antenna for the indicated radio when working on the indicated band
⦁ Increased to 60″ the wait-on-shutdown maximum time.
⦁ Added 45 seconds timeout to LOTW TQSL call on shutdown. Small optimizations on TQSL start parameters.
⦁ Added “you have been spotted” message on user interface (main, contest, winkeyer)
⦁ Improved USA-CA identification routine by adding capability to concatenate 2 database fields in award manager with an optional separator (STATE – CNTY fields)
⦁ Added reference rescan on QSO EDIT save
⦁ Optimizations on PTT key routines
⦁ Updated Libya, Georgia, Kosovo, South Sudan, ITU, San Marino flags
⦁ Added ARRL prefix tooltip over country flag on country user control
⦁ Removed (opt) label in External Services LOTW Configuration
⦁ Added log screen in QSO update window with details of activities
⦁ Label print search data optimizations
⦁ Award confirmation routine (import) now sets the reference if missing in the originally saved QSO
⦁ Award confirmation (import) routine now sets the reference in the COMMENT field
⦁ Fixed HRDLog qso upload random failure
⦁ Clublog uploads marked as DUPE will be considered valid and QSO will switch to SENT=YES
⦁ MOTD interface improvements
⦁ [FIX] MY CQZone was changed in program configuration under some circumstances when QSO is logged from external applications
⦁ [FIX] Contest mode START/END time fixed UTC issues
⦁ [FIX] CQ Zone set to zero when importing from JT applications fixed
⦁ [FIX] Fixed rotator commands in Winkeyer and Contest screen
⦁ [FIX] Added missing fields to HRDLOG data upload
⦁ [FIX] Fixed issue on Winkeyer initialization (WK_Range)
⦁ [NEW] Added capability to show up to 2 customizable awards for each QSO in grid (default to IOTA and SOTA awards). You can change them in USER PREFERENCES to match your preferred awards.
⦁ [NEW] Added map support to Winkeyer screen.
⦁ [NEW] Added SIG and SIG INFO fields of the counterpart in the main screen (Extended Info).
⦁ [NEW] Net control support
⦁ QSL manager no more performs automatic timed searches on param changes. Added new search button to be used when params are filled. “Search required” button functions revisited.
⦁ Added QSO Date search in QSL management (actual dates refers to SENT DATE and RECEIVED DATE of the confirmation)
⦁ Additional cluster date checks added.
⦁ Removed redundant STAY ON TOP option in winkeyer screen.
⦁ Winkeyer transmission log is not cleared after each QSO. User must manually clear it when needed.
⦁ Added some checks on MY_STATE field and STATE field
⦁ Automatic awards list update after new award download
⦁ Refined CQ and ITU zone checks during ADIF import. No changes applied on imported/user entered data, CQ and ITU checks are performed only during lookup and data enrichment phases
⦁ Added MY_ANTENNA adif field
⦁ Removed ANTENNA proprietary field (import-only)
⦁ STATE field is now bounded to a value list for countries that support the value (ADIF 3.1.0). Invalid values will be discarded
⦁ MY STATE in program config is now bounded to a value list for countries that support the value
⦁ STATE and MY_STATE fields on import are checked against a valid value list.
⦁ Satellite mode now automatically set propagation mode to “Satellite”.
⦁ Added support for “MHz” representation for band used in SOTA on Award Import data used for SOTA confirmations.
⦁ Label print optimizations on address retrieval from external sources.
⦁ HRDLog online presence code optimized to reduce potential issues.
⦁ Curacao flag added.
⦁ [FIX] Lazylog issue when callsign starts with digits.
⦁ [FIX] search issue on reference field
⦁ [FIX] Prevented main UI from getting focus when external events occours and the screen is minimized.
Release note – Version 188.8.131.52
- [NEW] Added Clublog/CTY file exception correction on all cluster items
- [NEW] LazyLog massive data entry interface added
- [NEW] ADIF export can now produce files with a reduced, user selectable, range of fields (File -> Export ADIF)
- [NEW] Added CSV export with user selectable/sortable fields (File -> Export CSV)
- [NEW] Option to invert FREQUENCY/MODE order in message sent to radio (Settings – CAT)
- [NEW] Added native support for network connected rigs through Hamlib (FLEX and similar)
- [NEW] Added SOTA Chaser/S2S/SWL TSV/CSV file format export capabilities (Award Statistics screen -> Export)
- [NEW] Added “stay on top” option on contest and winkeyer screens
- Added management of award reference alias. Will affect correct identification of USA-CA award references and others.
- ADIF and CSV export is now available also in QSO Management with full output filters
- Improved EQSL and LOTW import performances
- Improved WSJT/JTAlert ADIF inbound message performances
- Improved reactivity of QSO add function. QSO save is made asynchronously respect main UI
- Added management of the (now deprecated) QSL_SEND status “Validated”. This will mark all LOTW and WAS references as VALIDATED.
- New option in Alerts: Ignore statistics. Trigger the alert under any condition of worked/confirmed for the country
- Import of QSL_RCVD status Verified (actually deprecated in ADIF standard) now set the QSO as VERIFIED for DXCC and WAS
- Added option to start Hamlib application hidden (not shown on taskbar)
- Previous QSO and Worked Before no more on top by default
- small fixes in LOTW download interface
- QSO filters improved: Added capability to explicitly exclude QSO that have a specific award in the myReference/contactReference. Useful to extract chaser without ref2ref contacts.
- Clearing Callsign field in main UI resets map to station home QTH
- Updated SOTA routines to support new summits csv file from SOTA website
- [FIX] Massive QSO update performance issue fixed
- [FIX] grid field editor no more stay behind the parent screen if parent is set to stay on top
- [FIX] Length reported in ADIF format for frequency was incorrect
- [FIX] Omnirig dual radio – one off issue fixed
- [FIX] Award statistics view (chaser / activator / reference2reference filters)
- [FIX] Prevented removal of QSO primary keys (date/callsign/band/mode) at database level
- [FIX] My Rig and My Antenna not correctly retrieved when using a different profile in QSO Edit
- [FIX] Reported length of ADIF fields now consider // as start of the comment and exclude comment length from adif field calculation
- [FIX] Hrdlog sends online status even with not active.
- [FIX] Changes in Winkeyer UI won’t trigger main UI interface refresh, stealing focus
- [FIX] Current references in QSO under edit are not cleared if main parameters (band/mode) changes. User must check if current awards registered are still valid for the QSO even under new parameters. DXCC change always clear preselected awards
Release note – Version 184.108.40.206
- CAT frequency display is now user configurable for best visual comfort in Settings -> CAT
- Added viewable Clublog Sent, QRZCom Sent, HamQTH Sent fields to the list of available fields in grid.
- Faster LOTW download. “paper qsl confirmation download” made optional. You should use it only when you have new paper qsl registered and validated by ARRL. Download is disabled by default.
- Alert engine fixes and optimizations.
- JT interface message parser has been completely rewrited.
- Added capability to read ADIF message 12 directly from WSJT-x (ADIF message).
Note: This option (new in configuration screen) should NOT be used with JTAlert automatic log options, JTAlert UDP ADIF send and WSJT-x native UDP ADIF send or you will probably log twice the same QSO.
- Small label fixes on User Interface.
- Popup alert for new releases added.
- Added supercluster connection status on cluster screen.
- Detailed logs added in case of failed upload to external services (payload provided is always saved when upload fails).
- UDP logs now shown on logfile only in DEBUG mode. That will provide better performances.
- EQSL data matching improved. Now received “SSB” will be searched also as “USB” and “LSB”. USB and LSB are now searched in log as SSB also.
- Added 45 seconds maximum wait for TQSL to complete operations on program closure.
- [FIX] LOTW Upload confirmation from QSO Edit form fixed.
- [FIX] QSO already marked as received no more updated (initial eqsl download date preserved) in EQSL download.
- [FIX] Audio keyer won’t stop PTT when message finishes.
- [FIX] Cluster visualization issue related to VOACAP calculations prevented data visualization.
- [FIX] Fixed issue on user specified login/password when connecting to cluster service.
- [FIX] Revised internal conversion from number to strings (ex. ADIF FREQ EXPORT).
- [FIX] Start-end date format fixed in contest configuration screen.
- Enhanced Omnirig error handling
- HAMLIB logics reworked to make it working as it should
- HAMLIB PTT parameters correctly saved fix
- Cluster interlock enhancements
- Cluster data visualization improvements
- Info provider page now shows the details of connection errors
- Added selected/total counter in qso grids
- Cluster start button now can be used to stop cluster in main UI
- Send spot button disabled when cluster is not connected
- Added 2 new buttons to force SPOT send from popup screen with notes
- [FIX] Removed worked before refresh button
- [FIX] Alert filters doesn’t trigger if reporter continent is set under some circumstances
- [FIX] Added missing password encoding on some external calls
- [FIX] Added ADIF check on import for empty file/incomplete basic data provided
- [FIX] Main UI labels fixed
- [FIX] Multiple award list in dropdown menu
- [FIX] CQ and ITU zones fixed in QSO EDIT
- [FIX] HRDLog status update
- [FIX] [OmniRig] Fixed issue on RIG2 when RIG1 is not available
- [FIX] Spot incorrectly reports TX VFO frequency during SPLIT operations on 2 VFO rigs
Release note – Version 220.127.116.11
- [NEW] Added capability to run multiple instances
- [NEW] Added “Select required” button for quick QSL upload. Required status is based on user preferences expressed in SETTINGS -> USER CONFIGURATION -> CONFIRMATIONS menu option
- [NEW] Incremental worked before search in worked before grids. [WORKED BEFORE] notification will appears only on exact callsign match.
- [NEW] Added worked before screen in main UI (F10)
- [NEW] Unlocked command line arguments:
/RESETLAYOUT -> remove all configured layouts in data grids
/REMOVEUSERFILES -> remove all user edited files in the settings folder
/RESETMAPCACHE -> reset the google maps map cache and reduce it’s size
/SCHEDULER -> reset internal operation scheduler to factory
/FACTORYRESET -> remove all user configurations except saved backups
Usage: L4ONG.exe <parameter1> … <parameterX> eg: L4ONG.exe /RESETLAYOUT
- Improved logging on UDP parser
- [FIX] files marked with “_user” suffix not correctly retrieved under some circumstances.
- [FIX] cluster time was not correctly sorted after first couple of QSO’s.
- [FIX] my references is not shown when editing a QSO. This may result in a loss of information.
- [FIX] IARU region not correctly read when different from country value
- [FIX] Clustermanagement menu Exit now working
⦁ [FIX] MySQL / MARIADB search exception fixed
⦁ [FIX] SQLite date format fix on some systems that prevent correct data load/visualization fixed (corrupted database -> require a new full import)
⦁ [FIX] Extensive fix of TAB sequence order
⦁ [FIX] Error handling when forms are not created yet
⦁ [FIX] Issues in external sources login when password contains special characters
⦁ Audio device recognization routine upgraded
⦁ Tab DOCUMENTS hidden in QSO Edit screen as not actually implemented
⦁ Minor datafixes on User Interface
Welcome to Log4OM V2.
Log4OM support is direct from the development team and the user community, this guarantees to all users the best experience and a fast resolution of any problems. If you are an experienced user and can help, please do so!
If you need help please ask for support, however please be polite and provide a comprehensive description of the issue. The team dedicate their free time to support Log4OM users so please ensure that you read the forums and manuals before requesting support.
Like any software, Log4OM V2 is not perfect, despite the best efforts of the team! To avoid and reduce problems Log4OM has a wide range of functions which support the user and a very aggressive backup policy. However users are ultimately responsible for their own logs so always make sure to periodically check the creation of backups and activate, if possible, the secondary backup function on to a different disk or into a synchronized folder in the cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.). Finally upload your logs regularly to one or more of the online services, Log4OM will do these uploads automatically.
Log4OM is as free, however if you want to support future development a small donation to cover license and hosting costs will be very welcome, donate here
Finally thank you for your support during the last eight years, the team will endeavour to justify your future confidence in Log4OM.
Daniele Pistollato – IW3HMH & The Team