- [NEW] Backup can now be saved directly in SQLITE instead of ADIF. This choice is selectable for main backup (+ monthly backup), alternate backup, none or both (for maximum security we recommend to keep at least one backup as standard ADIF).
- [NEW] Backup can now be zipped as an option. This choice is selectable for main backup (+ monthly backup), alternate backup, none or both. Config backup is never zipped.
- [NEW] New cluster anti-flood mechanism. The cluster UI refresh rate will slow down parsing refresh rate ((100 * number of active clusters) + 5000ms) vs ((100 * number of active clusters) + 100ms) of unthrottled cluster, when the application is receiving an amount of unique spots greater than the threshold (default 30 per minute). Increasing this value improve reactivity of the cluster refresh on new spots. Reducing the value will improve useability on slower PC’s.
- [NEW] Added more options on ADIF import to speed up import of Log4OM backups with full data.
- Added award filter for “my gridsquare” to show statistics based on QTH in awards statistics.
- Added “blank” valuee to SATELLITE MODE dropdown list in EDIT QSO screen
- ADIF default sort on export set to DATE descending
- ADIF and CSV export optimizations on address field and other minor improvements.
- LOTW confirmation download improved to identify more award confirmations.
- Fixes and optimizations in LOTW confirmation download, now more reliable.
- External source upload routine updated and made more performing (HRDLOG)
- Internal database routine optimizations for better performances
- [FIX] LOTW import now performs a full award search on updated QSO to detect confirmations on new references that require LOTW confirmation (USACA, WPX, etc)
- [FIX] Fixed an issue with UTC date/time near midnight in some timezones when data are retrieved from SQLite db
- [FIX] Fixed CAT driver configuration persistence
- [FIX] Fixed solar data page not opening
- [FIX] Incorrect Zones being saved with feed from WSJTx & JTAlert
- [FIX] My References no longer populate column
- [NEW] Added TCI CAT support for rig control for Expert SDR devices
- [NEW] Added TCI SPOT integration for Expert SDR devices
- [NEW] Added TCI support on CW keyer management for Expert SDR devices (the keyer engine can be selected in the Program Settings – Hardware – CW Keyer interface)
- “-f update” added as an option in LOTW settings. This command is supported only on latest TQSL versions
- Added an option in LOTW settings to set “-t” field on TQSL string. This will generate a TQSL_LOG.txt logfile in Log4OM settings folder /Temp. Settings folder is reachable from HELP menu.
- Added an option in LOTW settings to start TQSL in interactive mode (Log4OM will start TQSL in a separated thread and then proceeds confirming the upload of the selected QSO. It’s user responsibility to ensure that QSO are correctly loaded into LOTW)
- Improved CAT management screen in program settings
- Optimized management of CAT settings (Hamlib users should re-set their settings)
- Added CQ/ITU zone check on QSO received through UDP connections (JTxx and similar)
- [FIX] Fixed ADIF import when QSO_DATE_OFF field is not available but there is a TIME_OFF
- [NEW] Added option to print “RETURN TO” label for DIRECT/MANAGER DIRECT labels
- [NEW] Added option to print “MY ADDRESS” label for SASE-type QSL sent via DIRECT/MANAGER DIRECT
- [NEW] Added winkeyer, all currently open cluster screen, worked before, net control and chat screens to the auto open list on restart
- [NEW] Allowed multiple independent cluster screens everyone with his own configuration
- [NEW] Added “-f update” and “-c myCall” to the LOTW Upload command sequence
- Added e-mail address to data entry area
- Improved on screen placement memorization of windows
- All band map screens are now reopened at startup (removed limit to a single band map)
- Program scheduler optimizations (prevented concurrent calls on startup to the scheduler sort routine). That should prevent issues on solar data load / voacap calculations
- Changed the format of the macro files. Now separator between macro and his title is made by “###” instead of a vertical pipe |. That allow users to save macro containing special keys (|) used to add delay in winkeyer syntax. If you have custom macro files please open them with notepad and update the separator field
- [FIX] Small glitch that shows “undefined” on current confirmation when downloading confirmations without having had a search before (in QSL Manager)
- [FIX] Fixed an issue that prevented STATE visualization when QSO was retrieved from cluster
- [FIX] Fixed persistence of band map settings
- [FIX] Cluster actions from cluster inside main user interface or winkeyer interface affects only their own context
- [FIX] Winkeyer stay-on-top button fixed
- [FIX] Country statistics not shown when QSO is selected from cluster
- [FIX] Winkeyer load macro issue fixed
- [FIX] Winkeyer loss of focus during callsign typing fixed
- [FIX] Chat is open when clicking on worked before icons fixed
- [FIX] Fixed backup menu not working on main user interface
- [FIX] Optimized recognization of callsign in winkeyer data entry box
- [NEW] Contest interface has been removed. All functions are now managed by main interface
- [NEW] Winkeyer user interface has been rewritten for a more coherent layout
- [NEW] When connected to CWSkimmer telnet server (Enable “CWSkimmer commands” in the CWSkimmer ‘Settings’ window) Log4OM is able to detect and lookup callsign/frequency on click
- Added contest mode switch on main UI
- Main UI logics rebuilt to reduce code complexity and improve reactivity and reusability of routines
- F12 key now clears QSO data entry
- Added contest fields in main UI (visible when contest mode is active)
- PSE/TNX QSL moved to country row on label print, to avoid overlap with long QSL Messages
- Added CTRL-S to save QSO in LazyLog / CTRL-R to clear interface
- Typing a callsign in the winkeyer TX area and pressing Return key will set the callsign in the lookup area without transmitting anything.
- [FIX] Fixed winkeyer macro issue that send truncated text
- [FIX] Fixed datagrid export in XLSX that stopped working on some systems due to an updated library
- [FIX] Fixed an issue with Clublog exceptions that consider the value valid if expired less than 90 days ago
- [FIX] Fixed an issue and improved routines on award recognization for QSOFIELDS award types that prevented correct automatic identification of some references.
- [FIX] Fixed random issues on application shutdown related to LOTW upload
Release note – Version 22.214.171.124
- [NEW] Added export to excel button on grids
- [NEW] Introduced caching for external sources and callsign statistics
- [NEW] Added automatic cluster disconnection when counterpart become unresponsive
- Updated Bonair Island flag
- Hamlib rigs are now alphabetically sorted by manufacturer-model
- Added frequency on email alerts
- Spots can now be sent to localhost if log4om local relay server is offline or uses a different port than the targeted one
- [FIX] Removed <BR> from email alerts and switched to plain text
- [FIX] Fixed an issue that prevented alert email on some circumstances
- [FIX] Fixed an issue that in some cases used the wrong state from external sources when the callsign is decorated with a prefix
- [FIX] Fixed label print label reporting user was not exchanging QSL with correct behaviour
- [FIX] ADIF import counter is now showing the correct amount of QSO imported
- [FIX] Winkeyer QSO references is now properly filled with data
- [FIX] Fixed winkeyer macro issue that prevented some strings to be sent correctly (first character sent issue)
- [FIX] Fixed Hamlib MODE swap issue and other minor things
- [FIX] Included a new Hamlib version with many fixes on specific rig drivers that should fix the “VFO SWAP” issue. More info and specific reports can be addressed to Hamlib software team.
Check out the Log4OM features set updated to April 2021 by G4POP Terry
Release note – Version 126.96.36.199
⦁ [NEW] Added support to Hamlib 4.2
⦁ [NEW] Added dual VFO hamlib capability by supporting new “VFO mode” parameter (Enable VFO Mode in hamlib configuration screen)
⦁ [NEW] Cluster alert email notifications.
Mail server can be configured from Program Configuration under “Program Settings / E-mail settings” menu.
Alert destination list can be configured from Program Configuration under “Software Configuration / Cluster / Alerts” menu
⦁ [NEW] Added PFX (prefix) field on main UI and QSO EDIT. In Contest and Winkeyer the field is automatically saved without data presentation on user interface.
⦁ [NEW] Added new massive update feature in QSO Management / QSO Checks section for PFX data
⦁ Log4OM will not update IOTA and SOTA archives anymore if the user set IOTA and SOTA awards in the deactivated awards list. This option is recommended to speed up Log4OM interface when those awards are not used at all. User manual update request will force the update in any case.
⦁ Changed format of hamlib riglist file. You can regenerate hamlib_riglist.txt from a newer hamlib release using “rigctl -l >hamlib_riglist.txt” and moving the produced file to the config folder
⦁ Added PFX field in QSO Edit screen
⦁ Added capability to identify award related callsigns on main UI when data is coming from user input rather than cluster
⦁ Small optimization in cluster simulation function
⦁ Improved precision of gridsquare representation in map
⦁ Added capability to show up to 2 association data in the QSO grids. Associations can be customized from settings/user preferences. Associations can now be searched from grid search functions
⦁ External resource manual update is now performed through the scheduler and not in real time. Expect it running in the next 30″
⦁ Added a parameter on SUPPORT REQUEST form to remove all passwords related to amateur services from log. This may prevent users from receiving valid support if the issue is related to a communication process and we can’t reproduce. Please note that LOG may contain some residual passwords.
Please note we NEVER export (in support requests) or log anything containing your email user/password, if configured.
⦁ [FIX] QSO distance field not always calculated on ADIF import
⦁ [FIX] Fixed missing cleanup of the statistical matrix on cleanup
⦁ [FIX] IOTA, IOTA_ISLAND_ID and SOTA csv export issue fixed
⦁ [FIX] IOTA_ISLAND_ID export issue in ADIF output fixed
⦁ [FIX] State field not correctly populated from cluster in main UI
⦁ [FIX] Fixed issue that prevented association data to be saved correctly under some circumstances
⦁ [FIX] Fixed issue that prevented correct identification when uploading QSO to HRDLOG using a callsign different from the one registered in HRDLOG (eg. /P)
Release note – Version 188.8.131.52
⦁ [NEW] Added support for KML export from QSO grids.
⦁ [NEW] Added support for scheduled webpage/CSV generation with custom fields and optional FTP upload.
⦁ [NEW] Added more info on label routing page.
⦁ [NEW] User can now skip label print if counterpart requires SASE and/or contribution for the QSL.
⦁ [NEW] Added a new option (valid for ALL PROFILES) in Program Settings (top menu) to disable automatic backup on program shutdown. This option is NOT recommended if you don’t have an alternative backup method or specific needs.
⦁ [NEW] New section PERFORMANCE in Program Settings (top menu) with some options the user can disable to maximize program performances on heavy loaded systems.
⦁ [NEW] New benchmark tool in the PERFORMANCE menu to check how the system performs on some areas.
⦁ [NEW] Users can now put awards into the “ignore list” (USER PREFERENCES / AWARDS). Those awards will not be identified in cluster and will not be shown on main UI award options for the selected callsign. Unused awards will not be parsed, resulting in a small speed optimization. If award parsing in cluster is disabled on PERFORMANCE section the cluster will not perform searches on ANY award.
⦁ Label print automatic routing identification improved.
⦁ Contest UI improvements.
⦁ Program cluster reactivity enhanced.
⦁ Added current version number on program header.
⦁ Relocated solar data information to the top right area of the main UI.
⦁ Re enabled multiple band map concurrent views.
⦁ [FIX] Changed distance rounding method to prevent distance calculation issues